Quikcote Velvet finish gives the impression of smooth
concrete. Perfect for fire place surrounds and interior and
exterior feature walls. It is hard and durable product that
provides long term protection, it has to be coated with
Quikcote Sealer for durability and protection (refer to
Quikcote Sealer TDS). Velvet Finish is available in Grey,
White and off white colour based on cement used.
Packing 13kg Bag Coverage 7-10 SqM/Bag Thickness 2-3mm
7 Days, Max Strength 28 Days
• Exterior & Interior Rendered surfaces.
Only using Quikcote products and recommended
POLYCLAD Polystyrene System.
• Areas not to be coated should be masked and protected.
• All surfaces to be rendered must be dry, clean, sound
and free from contaminants including; oil, mould release,
dust, dirt, silicone, mud, grease, salt, efflorescence,
animal droppings and any loose or flaking material.
• Suitable for exterior and interior surfaces.
Ensure render is cured properly before application of
Tools/Machinery Required: Hawk & Steel trowel,
Polystyrene float, plastic floats, straight edge, sponge,
power mixer, masking tapes, drop sheeting.
• Mix one (1) 13kg bag of Velvet Finish to @ 3 – 4 litres of
clean water using a power mixer.
• Add the Dry Mix Velvet Finish to water steadily while
mixing with a power stirrer until the consistency is
smooth and lump free.
• Allow the mix to stand for 5 minutes, remix before use
or before adjusting consistency if required.
• This is a two coat application; apply first skim- coat
using a steel trowel, being no less than 2mm and up to
• As soon first coat is applied, apply a second skim coat
of 2mm to 3mm, once the coat has firmed slightly level
and finish o with a steel trowel splashing water with a
brush, to produce an even, uniform and smooth surface.
Do not apply Velvet Finish over expansion joints
• Velvet Finish should be completely dry before
• application of Quikcote Sealer, minimum 3 days and
ideally 7 days for from date of application. To complete
project refer to quikcote sealer
Clean up with water
This is a natural product, and variations and inconsistencies in size, colour and shape will occur. Photographs are for illustration purposes and to be used as an indication only.